Monday, July 20, 2009

An update (finally!)


Everything in Salamanca is going really well. My host family and roommates are very amiable, and we have a lot of fun conversing at meal times. This picture on the right was taken a little while back, when I cooked an "American" meal (i.e., hamburgers, chips, and salad) for my Spanish family as a class assignment. Classes are going well, and I'm absorbing some interesting information about the culture and history of Spain. I am even learning classical and flamenco guitar!

After traveling to Portugal and San Fermin the past two weekends, I was happy to spend this weekend in Salamanca. Laura and I attended "Jazz en la Calle", a festival of open-air jazz performances in Salamanca. We heard Blue Harlem, a group from the UK. They had a very eclectic style; we even heard some Elvis Presley that night!

On Sunday, we traveled by bus to El Escorial. My favorite parts were the library and pantheon. We also visited Ávila and saw some of the architecture we discussed in our art history class. It was overall a good, relaxing weekend. Only two more weeks in Spain!


No comments:

Post a Comment