Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I went to Andulacia too! (And also loved it!)

I went to Andulacia this weekend as well and I absolutely loved it! The tapas in Granada were to die for and the Alhambra was soo cool. It includes an old Muslim palace, a castle and beautiful gardens. The castle was my favorite. You could climb all the way to the top and see a gorgeous view of Granada. However, overall Sevilla was my favorite. The color of the gardens and the buildings inside the Alcanzar was so bright and refreshing—possibly prettier than the buildings and gardens in the Alhambra.

My favorite part of Sevilla, though was definitely the flamenco. If you’re not familiar with flamenco, it’s a performance that always has a guitarist, singer and dancer. The performers use a special type of clapping, finger snapping and feet stomping to beat of the music. How all of the movements and sounds work together is ridiculously impressive. I have never seen flamenco before and it was one of the best performances I have ever seen. We were in a small venue, super close to the performers, and you could feel their passion and energy. If you ever get a chance to come to Spain, I would definitely recommend visiting Sevilla and checking out the flamenco! This show and my time in Sevilla have been some of my favorite memories in Spain!

No comments:

Post a Comment