Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What I Hope to Gain

To start off, my name is Steven Kellner and I am going to be a sophomore at the University of Michigan.  I have been studying the spanish language since I was in seventh grade and have always taken a liking to it.  I have traveled to places like Spain, Mexico, and Belize before, all of which speak spanish to some degree.  However, when I visited these places, I was too young in my study of spanish that I was unable to really communicate with the native population in their tongue.  Now, I wish to increase my knowledge and grasp of the language by speaking, listening, and taking note of how the people actually comprehend their language.


This will no doubt be a learning experience for me, I want to take advantage of all the opportunities that this program provides.  I know there are trips and other things to do, and I would like to do them all.  At least, my main goal is to go to Portugal once.  Also, the time I will spend living with a host family will be very interesting.  I enjoy meeting new people and this will be a great way to do so.  I think that I am good with kids and this is an opportunity for me to meet new children and introduce them to things that I like to do like sports and music.


I do not get nervous too often, and I am more excited about this opportunity than scared.  I am really looking forward to meeting many new friends and people from Spain who may not have ever seen some of the things I have.  My time in Salamanca will be both new and fun for me because I like to try new things.  I look forward to this trip and having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment