Monday, June 22, 2009

What I hope to gain from this experience this summer

I am super excited to be living and learning in the Spanish culture for the next 6 weeks. My main goal for this trip is to learn and soak in as much as I can of everything Spanish. I really hope that I use my Spanish language skills and improve them a tremendous deal before I head back to the US because I have such a fantastic opportunity to be really and truly immersed in the language. I want to be comfortable using the language with natives, but especially while ordering food, which I have found is somewhat difficult because I don't have that large of a vocabulary for these dishes. Speaking of food, the food in Spain is so amazingly different than the US. I have been to Spain before, so many of the dishes are familiar, but I want to try many of the other famous foods of the country, as well as eating my favorites that I have already (tortilla patata y el jamon)!

No comments:

Post a Comment