Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hopes for my time in Spain!

I am so happy to finally be here in Spain. I have always loved traveling, but this is the first time I will be in a completely new place for an extended period of time. I hope to improve in all areas of my Spanish skills, but mainly my speaking and listening. I am going to try very hard to engage in conversation with all different people. I am very interested in learning about the culture as well, and look forward to all the classes I will be taking. While Madrid has been amazing so far, I am excited to go to Salamanca and be a part of the everyday life there, rather than a tourist.  I  want to see all the sights in Madrid and Salamanca, and also throughout the entire country! Hopefully I will be able to travel on most weekends to different cities such as Barcelona, Pamplona, Sevilla, and possibly even Portugal. I know that to make the most of this experience I am going to have to branch out of my comfort zone, but I am so excited for this once in a lifetime experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment