Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Spain for the Summer!

First of all, I can't believe I'm already in Spain! I feel like I've been planning this trip for so long, and it is finally here! So, I have a lot of things I'd like to gain and accomplish this summer. I definitely want my Spanish (all forms, but especially speaking) to improve. Along with improvement, I also want to feel more comfortable using it and not always have to translate in my head or think about how to say something before I speak. Without a doubt being in Spain forces me to speak it, and there will be (and already have been) difficult/awkward situations where there is a lack of ability to communicate, but it is all part of learning!

So besides the overall goal of improving my Spanish, I am so excited about meeting new people and being in Spain with them! It is an incredible country, from its architecture to the food to the history, and I'm so glad to be with a group of students to enjoy the trip with! I want to try all different kinds of foods and drinks and see things I've never seen before, and I'm pretty much open to anything because I think it will all enhance this experience as a whole. 

Not to write a novel, but another thing I am looking forward to is staying with a host family. I've never done this before, so I'm a little bit nervous and it will all be new to me, but I am excited to live in their house and eat meals with them and communicate as if I were actually living there. 

Overall, I want to have fun, and make sure this is a trip I will always remember! Adios:)

No comments:

Post a Comment