Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What I Hope to Gain


I am very excited to finally be in Spain and experiencing the language and culture firsthand! It's very different from home, but I am beginning to enjoy the differences more and more each day. Studying abroad provides endless possibilities for learning and personal growth, and I don't want to miss out on anything. Like everybody else, I hope to further my language skills. While I'm here, I plan on becoming as fully immersed as possible in the culture and language, because that is how fluency and proficiency really develop. I will admit that I'm a bit nervous about living with a family, but I plan on going in with a good attitude and an open mind. It will be eye-opening and a lot of fun. By the end of the program, I hope to be able to switch easily between thinking in English and thinking in Spanish, which will in turn help to improve my speaking skills. Another thing I truly hope for this summer is to meet and connect with as many new people as possible. Madrid is an amazing place, and I can't wait to arrive in Salamanca and see other parts of the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment